Exercise Science Faculty
The Health, Physical Education, and Exercise Science Department at Concordia College, in Moorhead, Minnesota invites applications for a full-time Exercise Science position, 1-3 year fixed term, dependent on qualifications and experience. We seek an individual who can contribute to the quality growth of our exercise science program. Exercise Science is a growing program with over 100 declared majors and minors. Employment will begin in August of 2017.
Concordia College is a residential four-year, Lutheran, liberal arts college of 2200 undergraduates. The college offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Concordia has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and in that spirit seeks a broad spectrum of candidates whose research or teaching has given them experience working with diverse populations. Please visit our College website at http://www.cord.edu/.
Position responsibilities may include:
1. Working with the exercise science program to maintain and improve its quality
2. Teaching courses such as Motor Development; Biomechanics; Exercise Prescription; Physiology of Exercise; Testing and Prescription; Advanced Exercise Prescription for Special Populations; and supervising exercise science practicums
3. Overseeing the exercise science lab
4. Teaching and supporting other areas of the department as needed
5. Advising students
6. Engaging in scholarly work and service to the department, college, community, and profession
1. Master’s degree in Exercise Science or related field
2. Teaching experience with graduate teaching experience acceptable
3. A philosophy in sympathy with the aims and objectives of a liberal arts college of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America is necessary.
1. Ph.D. in Exercise Science or related field.
2. Demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching.