Student Services Specialist - University College
The Student Services Specialist position serves as the central point of contact between University College and prospective and continuing students, and provides consultation and services for credit and non-credit programs. Areas of responsibility include inquiry follow-up, pre-advising for academic programs, registration support, technical support, and student retention. This is achieved through a consultative approach while using independent judgment to identify and create academic opportunities. The position requires a deep knowledge-base of University College programs, services, resources, policies, and procedures to provide a complete service experience for our students and prospective students. The focus of this position is on building and strengthening relationships with prospective and current, post-traditional learners through the cultivation of a welcoming and inclusive environment, allowing them to achieve their educational goals.
- Serve as a central point of contact for prospective students, applicants, and current students.
- Provide information in response to questions in all areas of University College, including all college programs, services, resources, policies, and procedures.
- Execute proactive outreach to all inquiries, and provide timely and accurate communication of important information to students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide pre-advising and serve as registration resource for students.
- Facilitate basic technical support for students in the scope of university systems and applications.
- Coordinate resources and provide proper hand off to other service areas at University College or the University of Denver to achieve a seamless customer service experience.
- Strengthen relationships with prospective and current students through cultivation of inclusive environment.
- Provide outreach to current students to achieve higher student retention.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of course, programs, and departments and maintain relationships with program liaisons.
- Communicate feedback and express ideas about opportunities to meet student needs. Lead implementations of approved improvements to processes and procedures.
- Manage office space and professional appearance to portray University College as the premier provider of Adult Education.
- High School Diploma.
- Demonstrated experience in guiding individuals through a decision making process.
- Experience in customer service role, with communication via in person interaction, by phone, and by e-mail.
- Bachelor's Degree or two years of equivalent office experience/training.
- Experience working at a university or college and understanding of academic policies and procedures.
- Experience working with adult learners in a service capacity.
- Experience with banner database system.
- Experience using CRM system.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please direct inquiries to Michele Long at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter