Provide support for assigned databases; respond to database & user problems; monitor database error logs to ensure proper capacity & availability; execute database software installations, data base creations/configurations, & loads; monitor performance & primary and backup systems.
Under the general direction of the Director of Database Systems in Enterprise Systems & Services (ESS), this position will serve as the 2nd mid-to-senior level Banner Administrator for the Banner Student Information System and the Degree Works application. This position is responsible for applying upgrades and patches, troubleshooting, providing functional support and user administration. In addition, this position will serve as a liaison between functional users and technical support staff and will act as the subject matter expert for the Banner Student Information System.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience.
Strongly Preferred Qualificiations:
- 3+ years of proven experience with Banner (8.x or greater) and/or other Student Information System (SIS) functionality is required, including (but not limited to) working knowledge of various modules of the higher educational environment, tables, and the technical components of the SIS.
- Understanding student information data elements and being able to perform data manipulation and ad-hoc querying based on business requirements/specifications is required.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, customer service skills, and the ability to perform in pressure situations are required.
- Must be familiar with the privacy and protection of sensitive data (i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, etc.).
- Must have a proven ability to facilitate problem-solving amongst administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff and senior management.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, in a professional manner, with an emphasis on service quality and have excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Banner Administration experience is preferred, which includes (but not limited to) installing upgrades and patches, working knowledge of various modules, tables, and the technical components of Banner 8.x or greater (INB & SSB).
- Possess a good understanding of SQL and/or PL/SQL programming skills.
- Experience with Banner XE is a plus.
- Experience managing Banner Security and user administration is preferred.
- Proven knowledge working with Oracle-based technologies, such as databases and Fusion Middleware application server components (Weblogic, Oracle Forms, etc.) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Degree Works and/or Automic is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Touchnet, Nelnet, Runner Tech Clean Address, ADP, Blackboard and/or Peoplesoft is a plus.
- Experience with Java, Pro C and/or Cobol is preferred.
- Experience with participating in both internal and external audits