Industrial Contracts Officer 1
Industrial Contracts Officer 1
Job Number: 74986
INDUSTRIAL CONTRACTS OFFICER 1
Stanford University is seeking an Industrial Contracts Officer 1 to independently draft, negotiate and administer industry sponsored project agreements and collaborations, and material transfer agreements. The Industrial Contracts Officer will hold delegated signing authority for agreements on behalf of the university. Core duties include:
- Conduct formal negotiations, finalize and administer industry sponsored project agreements, commensurate with experience.
- Negotiate intellectual property and publication rights, as well as confidentiality, indemnification and invoicing terms.
- Negotiate complex Material Transfer Agreements, draft language that complies with University, Federal and other regulatory policies, requirements and conditions.
- Negotiate other research-related agreements that involve intellectual property, publication and confidentiality issues.
- Identify contractual and policy issues such as compliance, conflicts of interest and accounting, provide follow through until resolved.
- Advise and assist client groups by interpreting and explaining contract terms and conditions of material transfers and industry sponsored project agreements.
- Assist in resolving contractual problems that arise during course of project by consulting with investigators, staff and sponsors.
- Review and revise standard agreements to reflect changes in University policies, Federal regulations and laws.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to draft, negotiate and conclude industry research agreements.
- Demonstrated understanding of intellectual property and licensing issues as they pertain to industry sponsored research.
- Demonstrated understanding of university research environment and policies.
- Advanced communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups and all levels of management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to review and analyze complex information.
- Strong service orientation, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, action-oriented, customer-focused service environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work well independently, but also able to seek out assistance when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment and the ability to conduct negotiations in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and demands.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn applicable university and departmental systems.
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, use a telephone, lift, carry, push, pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely writes by hand.
The Industrial Contracts Office is part of Stanford University's Office of Technology Licensing (OTL), which evaluates, markets, and licenses technology owned by the University. ICO negotiates and signs sponsored research and other research-related agreements with industry and handles all University material transfer agreements, working closely with OTL on intellectual property terms for research agreements. ICO also works closely with the Sponsored Projects Office and many other University research administration offices. ICO's mission is to foster and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with industry sponsors and provide high-quality and timely service to our constituents -- Stanford faculty and staff -- while maintaining a balance between Stanford and industry interests.
Experience a culture of excellence.
At Stanford University, not only are you part of an exceptional team that values innovation and education, but you also become part of a culture that brings out the best in you. Recently earning the top ranking in The Chronicle of Higher Education's list of “Great Colleges to Work For,” Stanford University is an ideal setting for Contracts professionals looking to advance their careers.
As one of the world's premier research institutions, Stanford University has launched hundreds of initiatives solely for the betterment of humanity. There is a commitment to fostering a workplace culture that promotes diversity, collaboration and professional growth. Our culture offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Background check will be required for all final candidates.
Job: Compliance Legal
Location: Dean of Research
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.