Internship Program Advisor
Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Career Services, the Internship Program Advisor works closely with other career staff on a cross-functional team. The Internship Program Advisor is responsible for implementing on and off campus internship and career planning programs and services as well as offering 1:1 and group advising to increase student engagement in the career planning process with particular emphasis on internships.
The advisor will also assist in organizing on-campus recruiting, career fairs, job shadow programs, and other events for employers and students to connect. The advisor will also provide 1:1 career coaching and workshops to students seeking experiential learning, internship and post-graduate opportunities.
- Aggressively promote the internship experience to students, beginning in their first year, through increased marketing efforts and education outreach.
- Serve on the Internship Advisory Committee to create and revise policies, procedures, and practices related to internships.
- Advise students and faculty on the internship process, and serve as a guide and intermediary throughout the experience and manage all administrative aspects of the academic learning agreement process.
- Processes employer and job registration requests through our career services module, and markets internships and jobs through other means such as tabling, e-newsletters, and an internship and job board.
- Coordinates on-campus and off-campus recruitment programs and interviews including the Annual Internship and Career Fair, and consortium supported recruiting events.
- Contributes to the Career Services Administrative Reports and College Assessment through collecting proper metrics and reporting activities and outcomes of employer relations efforts.
- Conducts workshops on internship search, resume writing, job search research methods, preparing for job interviews, and other topics.
- Advises students on internship acquisition and other career preparation topics.
- Under the guidance of the Career Services Director, partners with College Advancement to cultivate internship and job opportunities with Hartwick alumni in a manner that also advances the colleges goals. Tactics include leading off campus mentoring programs.
- Collaborate with staff in Global Education to research and develop international internship opportunities and support international learning agreements.
- Meets the Liberal Arts Career NetWORK (LACN) membership requirements for internship and job referrals to LACN database and manages the Spotlight on Careers page assigned to the College by LACN.
- Participate in major campus events, including Commencement Weekend.
- Performs other general administrative duties as assigned by the Director, including reports and other correspondence.
- Candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with 3 years of experience in a similar position/related field, including experience in sales or recruiting, either in a business setting or in education. Master’s Degree plus one year of related experience preferred.
The successful candidate must possess high energy, excellent communication and organization skills; be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and have the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, employers, parents, and administrators. Position requires experience creating and presenting workshops and other programs; marketing including print, online, and social media development. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer knowledge and experience using Window-based software; Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience using databases and publishing programs; and experience using online networking sites such as LinkedIn. Proven ability to take initiative and work independently, and ability to work as a member to a cross-functional team.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,400 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening "the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community." Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Jarvis McCowin, Coordinator of Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820, or faxed to 607-431-4329.
Apply for Internship Program Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly