Scrum Master in Reston, VA
Elite Technical is seeking a Scrum Master to lead Agile team(s) and work with cross-functional software development teams responsible for delivering data-centric products and services. As part of the On Demand Reporting and other Data Matters projects the Scrum Master will work with end users, business analysts, architects, data integration development, reporting development, testing, training, and infrastructure teams to plan and complete the project with agile, incremental deliveries within the overall project timelines. The Scrum Master will work with our leadership and project manager to leverage Agile best practices, including Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban, to successfully deliver data-centric projects in an efficient and effective manner. Scrum Master is expected to report and work closely with Project Manager on the assigned project.
This individual will be primarily working with the scrum team, project manager, product owners, extended teams, and management teams, to support agile delivery and build high performing agile teams:
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Daily Scrum execution for multiple Scrum teams.
• Tailoring and following the Agile Play Book and Process to support delivery of data centric projects.
• Facilitate Planning, Grooming, Retrospectives and other Scrum ceremonies.
• Work with project manager, product owner, and extended teams to ensure seamless delivery.
• Support culture change to improve delivery agility.
• Coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices.
• Provide input and champion Process improvement initiatives based on feedback.
• Help teams be agile and build high performing Agile teams.
• Facilitating release and sprint planning efforts, stand-ups, sprint demos
• Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
• Other Project Management deliverables as assigned
• Work cooperatively on integrated team of staff to quickly and successfully address any associated risks and issues.
This is a 12 month PLUS assignment in Reston, VA. If you are interested, please contact Elite Technical for further screenings.
• The individual must have prior work experience as a Scrum Master on at least three projects involving; Data Warehousing OR Business Intelligence (pref. for Informatics) OR Data Analytics projects.
• 5+ years of proven experience as Scrum Master
• Proven experience applying Agile approach to data warehousing/data integration (at least 3 years) and business intelligence (at least 3 years).
• Proven experience transforming teams to Agile/Scrum from waterfall or other methodologies.
• Excellent communication and Partnership skills
• Hands on experience on Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc. as an Agile Practitioner/Scrum Master.
• Proven leadership experience in IT delivery, building and sustaining high performing teams.
• Provide need based coaching to team members to be agile and support agile delivery.
Elite Technical Services has over two decades of practice credibility. We support all phases of IT project delivery (PMO), information technology service management (ITSM) and engineering implementation missions (Professional Services). Our customers include Federal Civilian and Defense Agencies as well as commercial Systems Integration firms from small disadvantaged businesses through Fortune 100 Companies. We combine the right talent with highly skilled outcomes-minded management to create a team that delivers program objectives and is focused on surpassing budget and schedule projections.
Thu, 4 May 2017 20:03:30 PDT