We're seeking an Infrastructure Engineer in our Austin, TX office to help implement new standards and scale out a dynamic infrastructure in a fast paced environment. The System Administrator will be responsible for supporting our mixed Microsoft Windows and Linux server environment. The individual in this position must be able to effectively troubleshoot a wide variety of application, software, database-connectivity, and network-related issues. The System Administrator should also have sufficient knowledge of virtual platforms and Windows-based applications.
This individual will also be responsible for maintaining the stability and efficient operation of the cloud based production environment and internal processing business critical applications that support and impact our rapidly growing company.
This position requires a distinct combination of IT knowledge; hands on experience; ability to support robust solutions that scale. If you are not afraid of difficult problems with a dedication to ensure high availability and can put your pride aside to assist in common help desk / end user issues when the need arises then we want to meet you. Come help us establish new standards while keeping aligned to best practices to ensure we provide the tools and technology required for a scalable infrastructure that promotes healthy growth.
• Administration, setup and maintenance of Windows based servers, firewalls, switches, and load balancers
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems processes and review of system and application logs
• Provide day to day support and troubleshooting for production and internal systems, OS, software, and operations issues
• Report, monitor and maintain Veeam Backup
• Systems monitoring and capacity planning
• Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
• Yes, even desktop, laptop and printer support
• 5-7+ years of hands-on system administrator experience
• Experience with server / desktop imaging products
• General Linux troubleshooting experience
• Windows Servers 2012 R2 experience
• Administrative experience with Active Directory
• Administrative experience with Office 365
• Experience administering VMWare ESXi
• Thorough understanding of networking
• Experience with remote access/VPN was well as site to site VPN tunnels
• Excellent problem solving skills, able to effectively troubleshoot issues remotely
• Exceptional communication skills, written and oral
• Highly organized self-starter
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Team-first approach
• 5-7+ years demonstrated success in IT or related field
• MCTS, MCITP, Security+, Network+, A+, etc. certifications preferred
Who We Are:
BorrowersFirst is a fast growing, marketplace lending platform. As our name suggests, we take a borrowers-first approach to lending. We provide consumers with an innovative choice to borrowing, built on technology, efficiency, and service.
Tue, 16 May 2017 10:30:16 PDT