Field Service Technician - Compressor
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated individuals for our Field Service Compressor Technician opportunity. A qualified technician furnishing a complete set of hand tools, who must have a functional knowledge of various (Cooper-Bessemer, Superior, Ajax, Enterprise, Penn) and competitive equipment (Clark, Waukesha, Dresser, Caterpillar), and who must have working level knowledge diagnosing and correcting engine problems, testing, checking, repairing and rebuilding these engines in Compression Systems standard hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Disassembly and re-assembly of steam turbines, centrifugal compressor(s), or reciprocating compressor(s) components (including mechanical seal removal).
- Install, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and overhaul various types of compressors following manufacturer's instructions and/or company polices;
- Service and provide preventive and corrective field mechanical service on Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors.
- Disassembles repairs and reassembles components and equipment to ensure proper alignment, balance and tolerances.
- Field maintenance tasks including equipment troubleshooting, installation/removal, repair
- May be required to perform machine tool work using lathes, mills, saws, etc.
- Remove and clean compressor rotors
- Replace and install gear boxes
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Inspecting equipment by checking bearing clearances rotor conditions, etc.
- Perform compressor repairs with disassembly (including mechanical seal removal)
- Willingness to support ACT's policy of a drug-free work environment
- Willingness to work at heights, walk on high elevation grating and to walk up and down stairs with or without accommodation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), minimum of five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of position-related education and experience required.
- Understands quality management system
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical drawings required.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math skills required.
- NCCER Millwright Certification (Preferred)
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- You must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- May require excessive travel, overtime and weekend work
- Requires up to 75% travel
Advanced Compressor Technology, located in Batavia, IL, was founded in 1990 to answer the need for technically strong equipment repair and maintenance service to industrial plants in the Midwest region of the United States. Our commitment is simple-we are 100% dedicated to maximize turbomachinery performance and reliability. We work each day to solve equipment problems better that anyone in the business.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated individuals for our Machinist opportunity. We offer a competitive base salary ($20-$30/hour based on experience), training development, and full benefits (Matching 401(k) contribution & profit sharing).
Tue, 16 May 2017 15:18:20 PDT