Assistant Director, Alumni and Lifelong Engagement
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Office of Advancement is seeking applicants for an Assistant Director of Alumni and Lifelong Engagement. The Assistant Director will assist the Director of Alumni and Lifelong Engagement in all initiatives and involve and engage alumni in the life of the University.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, create, plan and execute all initiatives associated with the Wittenberg advancement office and alumni and lifelong engagement office with a focus on the alumni chapter program, student engagement (SAB and senior class officer advisor), homecoming and family weekends, 50th reunion and other reunions, young alumni network, and other initiatives.
- Create all print and e-mail communication for alumni engagement. Build registrations and forms and manage website activity.
- Cultivate relationships and reconnect alumni and alumni donors to the University through volunteer programs, such as the alumni chapter program, young alumni network, identification of alumni to assist current students with career and internship opportunities, and other programs.
- Manage and build relationships with student workers (3-4 students per semester).
- Serve as a positive member of the advancement team contributing towards achievement of goals related to alumni and lifelong engagement, alumni participation, annual fund and the university community (faculty/staff giving).
- Develop skills in the latest technologies (Salesforce, JotForm, EverTrue).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A bachelor's degree and 6 to 12 months of experience are required. Candidates should have knowledge of Microsoft product suite and use of database.
Working weekends, evenings and travel will be expected of the candidate.
Moving of event equipment for set-up of alumni and campus events may be necessary.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
To apply, please set-up an account and apply through our online system. As part of the application process, applicants will be asked to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
- A cover letter
- Name, address and phone number for three professional references
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at (937) 327-7517.