Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Registrar Specialist supports learning by assisting with the day to day operations of the Registrar’s office.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the daily Registrar processes and requests.
- Prepares athletic eligibility lists.
- Data entry in the Student Information System.
- Review and log student petitions/forms.
- Serves as backup Receptionist and assists students at the front counter.
- Assists with Commencement and the mailing out of diplomas.
- Process courses by special arrangement and internships.
- Process daily admission lists working with Admission department staff.
- Daily/weekly attendance monitoring including email communication to faculty.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Prior experience in a Registrar’s office preferred
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve problems and deal with multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility to deal with changing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wider range of constituents
- Strong customer-service focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Data entry accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to move about campus
- Ability to spend long periods of time at a computer station
- Ability to interact via telephone, in-person, and via electronic media
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.