Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position interacts with Managers and Associates from Production, Pre-Press, Accounting, Customer Service, Sales, Logistics and Materials & Equipment Suppliers on a daily basis.
• This individual will manage and mentor the Quality Assurance functions by providing work direction for Quality Inspection Associates within the Quality department.
• Interact regularly with Genflex Production Manager, Pre-Press Manager, Bindery Manager, and manufacturing associates as need be, to establish quality standards for raw materials, work in process, best practices, and finished products.
• Build upon and drive robust quality system tracking, analysis and developing standard work and best in class procedures.
• Develop and execute a quality strategy for the operation that will enable the team to meet the requirements of the customers and the operating plan of the business.
• Ensure annual quality goals are on-track and communicated.
• Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
• Responsible for all Quality Documentation and the maintenance of policies and procedures necessary to insure the Quality Objectives are met. Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals. Partner cross-functionally to drive standardization and continuous improvement mindset
• Champion an ISO compliant process and own continuous improvement and quality assurance projects.
• Improve product consistency. Lead cross-functional teams on data analysis and quality improvement projects.
• Any additional Assigned Duties
• The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering.
• 3 years' experience in Quality Engineering and/or management.
• Experience working with a high paced manufacturing environment.
• Experience working with quality system elements from suppliers through to customers.
• Experience in the use of quality system techniques, ideally within a certified environment
Requirements set out in this Associate Job Description are the minimum levels of skill, knowledge, and abilities to qualify for a position. Where appropriate, the Company may offer possible modifications to reasonably accommodate an individual who cannot perform the essential functions of a job, as long as that reasonable accommodation does not pose an undue hardship to the Company or pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of the employee or to others.
NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION CREATES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR IN ANY WAY ALTERS THE EMPLOYEE'S STATUS AS AN EMPLOYEE AT-WILL. All employees are employed for no specific duration of time and can resign their employment or be terminated at any time with or without notice.
Tue, 16 May 2017 09:34:20 PDT