Quality Control Lab Technician - 1St Shift
A specialty chemical company located near Bridgewater, NJ is looking to add a Quality Control Lab Technician to their team. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to take their career to the next level. This is a 1st shift opportunity with the hours of 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Ensures that sampling is conducted in accordance with accepted protocol and proper technique to ensure representative sample.
- Responsible for inspection, and testing of incoming raw materials, in-process materials and finished products and ensuring that procedures are followed and measurements are performed accurately, using the appropriate test methods for odor and color and equipment, including GC,SG,RI as well as other available equipment/methods.
- Catalogues samples in the retain library for all incoming and finished goods.
- Accurately records the results of all testing and determines whether results are within acceptable specification limits. Makes determination to conditionally approve, rework or reject materials not meeting specification.
- Prepares required documents (MSDS/COA/Spec Sheet) and responds to internal and external requests for documentation in a timely manner.
- Oversees the review of process documents (i.e. Work Order, Analytical Work Report, and Purchase Order) to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Responsible for all equipment, ensuring proper working condition, maintaining/calibrating as required, preventing unintended use of nonconforming equipment, and verifying product quality when necessary.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area and ensures that personnel adhere to safety practices, procedures, and regulations including use of safety glasses, gloves, etc., as required.
- Works with internal departments to evaluate samples from potential new material suppliers
- Associates degree preferred in Chemistry or related Science
- 1-2 years lab experience; QC experience in a fragrance environment preferred
- Strong math and computer skills
- Attention to details, ability to follow-through, observant, accuracy in weights and measures
This is an immediate opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of resume receipt.
Tue, 16 May 2017 13:22:27 PDT