Telecommunications Attendant Trainee
Telecommunications Attendant Trainee
Job Number: 74975
Telecommunications Attendant Trainees report to the Operations Supervisor of the Operator Service Center (OSC) and work under close and frequent supervision. Routine call processing direction is provided by each shift's Leader. Trainees participate in a 12 month on-the-job training program that is designed to prepare them to be fully functional in the Attendant role.
During the 12-month training period, Telecommunications Attendant Trainees spend the bulk of their time in the following activities: participating in structured training activities as detailed in the On-The-Job Training Program document, observing fully proficient Telecommunications Attendants, and learning from the Supervisor or Shift Lead.
Trainees also spend substantial time performing the full range of Attendant duties. Their work is closely observed, and feedback is frequently provided by the supervisor, lead, or designated trainer.
- Participate in 4-6 weeks of individual training with supervisor and/or lead operator Additional individual training on more advanced skills is periodically provided later in the 12 month program.
- Participate in other structured training as assigned, including policy training, cross training, and call observation.
- Perform Attendant duties under direct supervision. Examples include:
o Process calls using appropriate paging and dispatching procedures for Stanford University and for Stanford-affiliated hospitals and clinics.
o Process calls for LBRE Maintenance and Residential Dining Enterprises, generating appropriate work orders and following dispatching and emergency procedures.
o Participate as a member of the team in process and performance improvement efforts.
o Perform miscellaneous job-related tasks: These include, but are not limited to calendaring, e-mail correspondence, system testing and diagnostics and data entry. Qualifications:
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment under pressure, and to hold information in confidence
- Ability to operate telecommunications equipment, with demonstrated keyboarding skills (corrected typing rate of 40-50 WPM), and basic computer (PC or MAC) skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with staff and management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience working in a customer service environment, with demonstrated ability to handle high call volumes, preferably in a university and/or a medical center setting
- Preference would be to have hands-on experience with MS Windows systems and complex console operations, such as the AMCOM System which interfaces with the University registry, paging systems, hospital public address system, automatic call distribution (ACD system).
- Polished and courteous telephone manner with clear speaking voice
- Excellent speaking, writing and spelling English language skills
- Ability to work any and all shifts (Day, Swing, Owl) any day of the week
- Ability to sit for up to three hours at a time, and to use a headset.
- A high school diploma is required. Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.