Administrative Associate 1
Administrative Associate 1
Job Number: 74978
The Department of Ophthalmology at Stanford University is seeking an Administrative Associate 1 to provide routine administrative or operational support working from detailed instructions. The successful candidate will be comfortable as the Receptionist and Administrative “go-to” person for the Byers Eye Institute. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to adapt to different working styles and needs. The successful candidate will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, pay close attention to detail, will be resourceful, dependable, self-directed and a flexible team player with strong follow-up skills, and a positive “can do” attitude. For more information, please visit: http://ophthalmology.stanford.edu/
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Track facility and/or office equipment, such as keys, vehicles, and projectors, via logs, and schedule repairs as needed.
- Review invoices for accuracy, and initiate purchase requisitions.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals and assembling materials.
- May make travel arrangements as directed in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
- Setup office spaces and/or support coordination of basic office moves.
- May provide guidance to temporary and student employees on routine matters.
- 1-2 years' minimum experience in an office setting
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.