Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2
Job Number: 74948
Administrative Associate, Classification E, 100% FTE, Non-Exempt
School of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Thermosciences Group
Stanford's Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thermosciences Group, seeks a professional, highly organized and energetic Administrative Assistant to join its team. The successful candidate will manage a variety of projects while interacting with staff, students and faculty within the two groups, while providing friendly and efficient support.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and detail-oriented person to learn and stay updated with Stanford's Oracle Financials (PCards, Expense Requests, iProcurement modules), which is a core component of most administrative jobs on campus.
- Support for eight Principal Investigators (PIs) and students in their research in the Thermosciences Group.
- Validate purchasing card transactions, process travel reimbursements, assist with lab supply orders and order refreshments for events. Research and resolve discrepancies when necessary.
- Prepare appointment documents for visitors, edit and send correspondence.
- Serve as a resource to members of the groups with respect to the processing of financial transactions, while adhering to defined policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing meetings, seminars and other events.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment, while serving as a point of contact for general maintenance and any facility concerns.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma and a minimum of three years of administrative experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks along with attention to detail.
- Organizational and general administration skills.
- Ability to maintain good humor and flexibility amid frequent interruptions, adjusting priorities as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especial via email.
- Experience with Stanford policy, procedures and Stanford Oracle Financials is a plus.
- Technical knowledge required includes strong administrative skills and demonstrated familiarity with office applications such as Word, Excel, calendaring and email.
- Position required to work during normal business hours (8am to 5pm)
- Position requires travel
- Successfully pass a background check (Criminal, Education, Employment Verification).
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Stanford University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest!
Location: School of Engineering
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.