Project Manager II
Our client is seeking a Project Manager II - IT Security Solutions
The Project Manager II - IT Security Solutions performs program management duties and is responsible for leading a group of projects supporting the IT Security Solutions Team.
The IT Security Solutions Team is responsible for the delivery of projects, programs, and initiatives that strengthen the security posture of the organization.
This position requires a strong combination of project management expertise, analytical methodologies, process improvement frameworks, and IT operational best practices.
In this role, the Project Manager II may manage multiple large and/ or small projects.
- Manages project change control process with business sponsor ensuring any requested changes to scope are reviewed to assess impact on schedule, cost and resources.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Plans and schedules project and/or program deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Directs and oversees project and/or program team.
- Performs peer document assessments.
- Furthers the adoption of project management standards and contributes to the PM community of practice.
- Accountable for job performance and project delivery of all direct reports, if applicable.
- Coaches, mentors and develops direct reports, if applicable.
- Recommends solution approach to projects and/or programs during initialization.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on policy changes, resource requirements, project schedules, solution options, and project budgets.
- Makes decisions on escalated issues.
- Operates in a matrixed environment. Assigns and monitors tasks for project resources.
- Accountable for project financials, including baselines, forecasting, reporting, and reconciliation.
- Project Management across multiple projects. Demonstrate delivering artifacts for each project phase, and links the business value created with project deliverables.
- Complies with Sarbanes Oxley and PCI.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8-10 years of experience in IT.
- 3-5 years of experience managing IT focused projects.
- Direct experience with one or more of the CISSP Domains a Plus: Access Control, Network Security, SDLC, Cryptography, Security Architecture, Operations Security, BC/DR, and Compliance.
- Familiarity with ISO and NIST Security Standards.
- PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, ITIL-V3, Six Sigma.
- Proficient in Project Management, Business Analysis, Solution Management, Financial Management.
- Knowledgeable in Business Partnering, Process Transformation, Arch & Innovation, Ops & Service Mgmt., Security Compliance.
- Core behaviors: Acts with Integrity, Leads with Vision, Listens & Communicates, Thinks Strategically, Develops Others, Knows the Business, Builds Effective Teams, Delivers Results.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and business partnering skills.
- Knowledge of system development life cycle methodology and project management techniques.
- Familiarity with financial, retail, human resource, or logistics systems.
- Ability to handle large project and/or program workload.
- Ability to multi-task and alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities.
- Experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to assess project health at defined stage gates and provide critical analysis to support the decision to proceed or not to proceed with the project.
- Experience with PC based project management tools including MS Project, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- People leadership skills.
- IT Security knowledge or experience preferred.
- PRINCE2 or PMP Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in technology, information systems, business, engineering, or liberal arts.
- Experience (8-10 yrs)
- Ability to speak on a strategic level
- Strong communication skills
- Program management experience
- Security knowledge
- Project financials background
- Ability to adapt to the organization's PM style (willing to work with diverse groups of people)
We are a customer experience consultancy with technology and user experience at its core. Founded in 2014, we serve many types of companies, removing barriers to interaction between you and your customers. The digital experience is delivered in web, mobile, IoT, and any digital touchpoint from the cloud on premise, we help deliver exceptional experiences by building lasting relationships between you and your customers.
Mon, 8 May 2017 09:50:45 PDT