Automotive Quality Technician (Evening Hours)
Summary: A GDC Quality Technician inspects processes, materials and finished goods for conformance to specification ensuring quality procedures and requirements are maintained from pre-production through shipping processes. A strong preference will be given to applicants who have a background in quality work through an automotive industry.
• Scheduling, monitoring and performing gauge calibrations
• Examining raw materials and finished goods for surface defects such as cracks, pits or splices
• Verifying dimensions of raw materials and finished products to ensure conformance specifications
• Rejecting defective raw materials or finished goods; labeling and quarantining rejections as specified by QA procedures
• Interpreting engineering drawings/blueprints and conferring with management to determine quality standards when necessary
• Selecting parts for random sampling at specific stages of production to test dimensions and tolerances for conformance
• Providing support to operators, shipping and receiving departments when questions arise
• Identifying and recording concerns relating to material, part process or quality system
• Initiating action on recommending and providing solutions to product issues through designated channels
• Operating any diagnostic equipment as needed to perform the job
• Assisting the Quality Manager as directed
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Responsibility or task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Candidates with a background in quality work through an automotive industry will be given a strong preference. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required for this position along with one to three months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Candidates for this job position must possess the ability to communicate effectively with others in a verbal or written manner. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondences, along with speaking effectively to groups or other team members. The candidate must be able to read and comprehend written safety manuals, rules or operating procedures.
Mathematical Skills: This position requires a basic understanding and implementation of mathematical computations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. It is also required that the applicant possess the ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, the employee is almost constantly required to walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and occasionally required to stand, sit and to taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral and color vision; depth perception; ability to adjust focus in order to verify quality of product output.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally to airborne fumes or particles. The noise level in this environment is typically moderate.
GDC is a total solutions provider for a wide variety of products and components to a range of industries. From modest beginnings in 1955 die cutting parts for the automotive industry, we have expanded and developed an impressive set of modern engineering, manufacturing and supply management capabilities.
As a strong, well capitalized and stable company, GDC, Inc. currently supplies over 100 million parts annually to companies like Ford, Toyota, GM, Trane and more. Our excellent reputation for integrity and a long track record of steady growth has continued even during times of uncertain economic and industry conditions.
We are proud of our diverse workforce of nearly 400 employees. As a Woman Owned Business, and family operated for over 60 years, we take great pride not only in our products, but our commitment to work/life balance.
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:19:32 PDT