Senior Electrical Field Technician
Troubleshoot, test and inspect complex relay calibration and power metering. May be
mentally demanding, requiring concentration on several projects and activities at once.
Position requires limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform instrument transformer tests, power transformer testing, automatic transfer switch troubleshooting, generator testing, power meter calibration and high voltage circuit breaker testing.
- Troubleshooting capabilities, relay calibration, use of load and power quality recording
instrumentation, medium voltage breaker and switchgear testing.
- Test and troubleshoot complex electrical systems, complex relay systems and power metering.
- Perform start-up services on switchgear up through the 230kV class.
- Maintain strong client relationships, expand project work scopes, and assist in negotiating
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME and two years experience. OR Graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and five years minimum same OR similar work experience OR High School Education or equivalent and six years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Strong background and experience in most types of switchgear testing through the 230kV class.
- Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation.
- Complete projects consistently on budget and at a reasonable contribution.
- Able to write detailed reports and process project billing with few changes.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, with clients and peers.
- Good judgment, dependable, responsible for management of large projects that require good supervisory and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word and Excel, use of internet for standards/products/manufacturer research and operation of computer controlled test equipment
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends and Holidays. Must be able to travel up to a couple of weeks at a time.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100 pound test set. Valid Driver's
Our clients include fortune 500 companies specializing in Electrical and Industrial firms.
Tue, 16 May 2017 06:10:16 PDT