Relay Testing Technician - Transmission and Distribution up to $65/hr
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME and two years experience. OR Graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and five years minimum same OR similar work experience OR High School Education or equivalent and six years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA, NETA, IEEE and NFPA.
- Perform micro-processor based and electro-mechanical protective relay testing of various manufactures to include Schweitzer, GE Multilin, Beckwith and Basler.
- Perform commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers and circuit breakers.
- Perform manual and automated protective relay testing.
- Read and interpret control prints, wiring diagrams and relaying schematics.
- Develop written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying.
- Capable of trouble shooting distribution and transmission controls circuits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working for a Utility, Relay Manufacture, or a similar High-voltage testing company.
- Calibrate and perform functional tests on both electromechanical and micro-processor based protective relays for high voltage substation.
- Must have a valid driver's license and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Able to work overtime.
- Able to travel.
- Applicant must be willing to relocate to Sacramento area in California upon successful candidate placement. Relocation packages will be available.
Our clients include fortune 500 companies specializing in Electrical and Industrial firms.
Tue, 16 May 2017 05:50:41 PDT