Regional Manager (Multifamily Property Management Company)
REGIONAL MANAGER, MULTIFAMILY MANAGEMENT COMPANY (not our real name - wouldn't that be boring.)
Boutique Property Management company is seeking a Regional Manager for our Southern California portfolio. We're a smaller company which has been growing fast. If you've felt your true potential stifled by the load of bureaucracy at your current company which leaves you paralyzed without the ability to make any real decisions then we'd like to hear from you. We need a sharp, scrappy, self-starter who will push us to be better than we are. If you're an experienced Community Manager ready to make a leap, we'll take smart over experience any day.
- Minimum 10 years multi-family industry experience starting with your time as a leasing superstar which quickly earned you a promotion into the captain's chair.
- Strong financial skills and financial acumen. You should know your way around Excel. We speak cash flow statement here and if you don't know it there's frankly no time to teach you.
- Yardi Voyager 6.0 expert. Really important you can hit the ground running.
- Understanding of Tenant and Fair Housing Law (I know, I know you been through a million classes already but our lawyers want us to say this.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Service-oriented, team player with a great attitude. Owners can be tough- you have to deliver bad news with grace and celebrate good news looking like the Numa Numa guy
- Experience in the Los Angeles market is a plus
- Experience with Section 8, tax credit or other affordable housing a plus
- College Degree or Property Management Certification/Accreditation preferred
Responsibilities of Regional Manager are never-ending, but here are a few key ones to mention.
- Have fun. This is at times a terrible, thankless business and if you can't laugh and find the humor in all this craziness you can't hang out with us. Yes, you're a management stud (that's a gender-neutral stud, by the way) but you better be able to take a joke.
- On to business - you need to conduct regular visits to properties within your portfolio and perform our "Standards Of Excellence" audits
- Analyze the specific challenges of each property, advise owners of solutions and monitor results.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Generate monthly operating reports in conjunction with property managers, including re-forecasts, accruals and variance reports.
- Review and approve non-budgeted expenditures.
- Development and monitor marketing plans for each property.
- Monitor performance of on-site maintenance teams.
- Oversee the execution of all vendor contracts.
- Intercede when tenants' issues cannot be solved by the managers
- Evaluates manager's performance and complete annual performance reviews.
- Attend to the training needs of the staff at each property
- Advises and assists Property Manager with evictions
- Hold weekly staff meetings and participate in management meetings with executive team members and owners
- Attends all meetings or inspections with owners, investors, and government agencies
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, vision and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, recognition programs and more. Salary DOE.
Salaried + Bonus & Benefits.
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:55:08 PDT