Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Level 1 (Provisional) - Human Resources
Under supervision, provides and/or oversees expert end-user support by proficiently and accurately inputting, auditing, and reporting on information in CUNYfirst (i.e., PeopleSoft). CUNYfirst is the City University of New York's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Oracle/PeopleSoft system used to capture and maintain the University's student administration, human resources and finance functions.
This position differs from an Information Technology position in that an incumbent in an Information Technology position provides hardware support, software programming and networking, systems planning, and/or technological troubleshooting while a Business Data and Reporting Analyst is a highly skilled end-user of CUNYfirst. There are 4 levels of this title. Related duties may be assigned as needed.
Levels 1 and 2 are non-exempt from FLSA.
Levels 3 and 4 are exempt from FLSA.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Business Data and Reporting Analyst
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources Operations, the position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Process various personnel transactions involving employee record-keeping.
- Process various reports in CUNYfirst and assist with compiling data for various requests including FOILs.
- Input and audit information of current employees and pay administration.
- Troubleshoot basic CUNYfirst issues.
- Perform detailed reconciliations with CUNYfirst, and Payroll.
- Work with Payroll to process personnel transactions.
- Address or refer questions and issues from the campus community to provide solutions and timely information on reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency, including the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English well enough to meet minimally acceptable performance standards set for the job tasks.
- One (1) year of related full-time experience utilizing PeopleSoft computer software technology. CUNY considers full-time experience to be 35 hours per week. Experience that is less than full-time and more than 20 hours per week can be prorated at 50% (e.g., two month's related work experience at 20-35 hours per week equate to one month's full-time related work experience.)
This title has four levels. To qualify for Levels 2 - 4, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
New Hire: $35,964
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
June 14, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Level 1 (Provisional) - Human Resources
Job ID: 16758
Full/Part Time: Full-Time