Associate Director of Post Award
Working Title: Associate Director of Post Award
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Sponsored Programs
Posting Date: 03-16-2017
The Office of Sponsored Programs is recruiting for an Associate Director of Post Award to provide leadership and guidance to the Post Award Financial Team. The Associate Director works with the Director of Post Award to report, monitor and recommend training for the Post Award Financial Team.
This position is responsible for overseeing the Post Award Financial Management Team and their functions related to financial management of sponsored awards including contracts, grants, fellowships, cooperative agreements and subcontracts. This position is responsible for ensuring that sponsored research programs are in compliance with University, sponsor and federal regulations and offer guidance to faculty, departmental administrators and OSP Post Award group. The Associate Director assists the Director to design, implement and retain a service delivery model to provide excellent support the research community at the University.
The Associate Director works closely with the Director and Assistant Directors of Post Award and other senior management in Office of Sponsored Program in identifying organizational risks and recommend solutions to achieve organizational success. The Associate Director provides accurate and timely information to the Director, Assistant Vice President of Research Administration and other senior leaders. The incumbent partners with colleagues across Grounds in research administration to both minimize administrative burden and ensure adherence to compliance in the financial management of sponsored projects.
The Associate Director evaluates processes and systems used by the OSP Post Award group, ensures the team has appropriate technological support and reporting tools to enable quality reporting on efficiency and compliance related aspects of Post Award Financial Management. The Associate Director of Post Award recommends system upgrades or strategic realignment of the workforce to increase efficiency. Advises departments on financial management of sponsored programs and ensures sponsor and University policies and procedures are followed consistently with a focus on compliance to minimize the University's risk related to sponsored awards.
All interested applicant are encouraged to apply to posting #0620559, at https://jobs.virginia.edu.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of national standards and best practices related to research administration.
- Strong managerial and leadership capabilities to manage, train and mentor.
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP, and University, state, and federal policies.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate policies and procedures, conduct activities and make decisions according to audit and ethical standards.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel and web-based tools.
- Advanced ability to navigate University databases and systems. Ability to access and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and provides compelling reasons to senior leadership in support of ideas.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81383