Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-16-2017
This position will conduct credential evaluations, analyze student records, and serve as specialist in the area of degree requirements and transfer credit. The incumbent will learn University and academic policies and be able to communicate in person and/or by phone for students, parents, faculty advisors, counselors, chairs, and deans.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) Bachelor's degree, one hundred twenty (120) semester hours, of college or university course work, of which twenty-four (24) semester hours are in the Business, Communication, Education, or Social Science fields (verify with transcript); OR
(b) Three (3) years responsible records management work experience involving public contact (i.e. customer service, public relations), including one (1) year of supervisory experience involving the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff; OR
(c) Three (3) years work experience at the Admissions/Records Specialist I level.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Working knowledge of all past and present University policies, and State of Illinois teacher certification requirements pertaining to the awarding of degrees and certificate programs.
2. Knowledge of University structure, including the functions of the various positions.
3. Ability to read and interpret transcripts and catalogs from other schools and communicate in understandable terms all University policies and procedures to anyone.
4. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access. 5. Ability to organize competing priorities in order to complete the work by the deadlines.
5. Ability to work under pressure yet maintain and express a positive attitude.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.