CAD Drafter / Technical Designer
Acme Made in America has an immediate opening for an experienced and energetic CAD Drafter/Technical Designer. Join our team of creative and enthusiastic free thinkers and problem solvers as we tackle challenging and fun marketing projects for our high profile clients.
Here at Acme, we specialize in: Experiential and Themed Environments, Interactive POP, Custom Furnishings, Retail, Fixtures, Displays, Exhibits, Store Interiors, Kiosks, 3D signage, Large Props, OOH Markets, Props, Sets, Large format Hi Res Printing and Digital Signage in all Materials. The Drafter will work closely with the Project Managers and Production Manager. Drafter will use 3D CAD software such as AutoCAD, Solid Works, Inventor, Rhino, and 3Ds Max to produce layouts, section/elevation/plan views, details, sketches, and diagrams.
All drawings must be accurately drawn to scale and dimensioned properly, to ensure proper manufacturing. Ideally, Drafter will have a mechanically inclined aptitude with an ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Drafter should be familiar with CAD/CAM equipment and working knowledge of CAD to CAM.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Uses computer-assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD & SolidWorks) software to develop part layouts and assemblies for the experiential marketing industry.
• Create drawings of displays, retail fixtures, exhibits, displays and vehicles. Compute angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, tolerances, leverage and location of holes.
• Create and revise production drawings, with Design, Production, Management, and QA departments.
• Make final drawings, check dimensions of parts, finish materials, parts interfaces and assemblies.
• Utilize knowledge of various tools, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and to complete drawings.
• Draft detailed multi-view drawings of machined parts and assemblies.
• Knowledge of constructions methods such as carpentry, metal work, plastic, CNC and 7 axis milling.
• Create Bill of Materials based on shop drawings.
• Draw finished designs from sketches.
• Update drafting and engineering standards.
• Set up and maintaining an organized file system for production drawings.
• Convert existing production drawings to AutoCAD.
• Get along well with others.
• Able to work scheduled shift and meet company attendance requirements; must be flexible enough to stay late or modify work hours on short notice, if production deadlines require it.
• Able to perform the job safely and comply with company safety rules.
• Work on a wide variety of projects for a variety of industries.
• See your work produced in a short amount of time.
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
• Associate's degree (A.A.) in Computer Aided Drafting from two-year College or technical school; prefer six months to one year of related experience and/or training.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and to write routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence; must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
• High skill level in AutoCAD software. SolidWorks experience is highly desirable.
• Able to read blueprints and have experience using GD&T.
• Skilled in PC usage and associated software including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
ACME Made In America is a B2B provider of custom fabrication, prototypes and manufacturing for Marketers, Retailers, General Contractors, Architects, Designers, Engineers, Producers, and Project Managers across the country.
We work in a wide range of media.
We are visionaries and are setting the standards for more efficient manufacturing.
We develop processes to keep costs down and AMERICA moving!
WE CAN BUILD ANYTHING!
Tue, 16 May 2017 14:03:43 PDT