Co-op/Internships - Engineering & Manufacturing
Fusion Optix program for co-op and internships has openings for mechanical, electrical and manufacturing engineering students. We offer the chance to become an integral part of our team for a short term period (3-6 months) where you will apply and learn hands-on skills.
We are seeking students that wish to gain valuable experience in a real work product design and manufacturing setting with an interest in potentially joining the team post graduation.
Fusion Optix co-op and internships are paid and full-time for their duration. Preference will be given for junior, senior and Masters year students who are in or about to enter final year of studies and have completed at least 2 years of his/her degree program.
- Team member for central engineering and production groups in LED lighting industry.
- involved in all aspects of production, quality, product design and transfer of products to production.
- Design, install and test production equipment upgrades and jigs.
- Design and test mechanical parts and assemblies using Solidworks
- 3D print components and tools for use in production and prototyping.
- Assemble and test prototype lighting fixture product concepts based on in-house produced components.
- Support in-house production teams (optics and LED systems).
- Maintain project records and test documentation on a daily basis.
- Current or recent graduate on Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering related engineering degree course.
- Interested in gaining first hand work experience in product design and manufacturing environment.
- Strong interest in joining Fusion Optix post graduation.
- Strong CAD (Solidworks, OptiCam, PCB design) and IT skills (MS Office).
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Previous relevant experience and coursework a definite plus.
Fusion Optix is a world leader in LED light engines and optics. We design, develop and manufacture components and modules that are used in lighting fixtures, lamps and bulbs. We are a hard working, collegiate and international team that are revolutionizing the way people light their lives. Our compensation and benefits are designed to attract, reward and retain the best talent. We reward performance and In addition to competitive base salaries we offer bonuses and profit related pay. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Fidelity 401K with 6% company matching, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage. Our philosophy is to reward quality work, excellent customer service, high performing results and team building wherever we can, Fusion Optix promotes from within wherever possible.
Fusion Optix was recently voted by Red Herring as one of the Top100 most innovative companies in the Americas and listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing manufacturing company in the US. We have sold products to 40 countries worldwide and our customers include some of the world's most distinguished brands. We are recognized as industry leaders in optics and our patented innovations can be found in products used every day in business or the home. As well as, the demanding scientific, medical, military and aerospace applications. Our company headquarter is in Woburn MA where we house our main air conditioned cleanroom production operations.
Visit our website (http://www.fusionoptix.com) or follow us on twitter (@fusionoptix).
Tue, 16 May 2017 05:33:25 PDT