Production Supervisor Steel Fabrication
Directs, controls, manages production and the team in the shop areas including lay out fit, material prep, CNC machining operations and welding for a structural steel fabrication shop.
- Responsible for meeting production schedules and ensuring quality output.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities with hands-on involvement and reinforcement of lean practices.
- Perform regular cycle and setup auditing to ensure sustainment of improvements.
- Assist in trouble shooting and problem solving across functional boundaries in support of company operational performance and profitability goals.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and modify as required to satisfy organizational objectives, drive continuous improvements and cost savings.
- Develop, track, and report key performance measurements and metrics in support of company's goals.
- Monitor cellular performance as well as equipment and manpower resource allocation.
- Rigorously enforce and perpetuate safety culture within the manufacturing organization. This includes appropriate preventive maintenance, total productive maintenance (TPM), and ensuring that all equipment is operated safely.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Tracks and reviews shift production yields. Ensures compliance with requirements. Recommends and implements process and productivity improvements.
- Monitor and implement HR policy.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and capability to multi-task and balance demanding workload.
- In-depth understanding of fabrication and machining processes.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work with and on a team (i.e. team player).
- Capable of evaluating and developing the fabrication department team members.
- Proven ability to motivate people and develop relationships with external and internal customers.
- Set clear objectives for direct reports and measure results.
- Capable of evaluating operators' capabilities and skills. Develop training to fill skill gaps.
- Capable of analyzing core from non-core components and putting a plan to phase non-core components to other suppliers and automate core products for quality and cost improvements.
- Working knowledge of drawings and specifications.
- Must have a good understanding of lean principles and techniques and able to lead improvement efforts.
- Strong communication skills, ability to use MS-Word, Excel, Etc... fluently.
- Flexibility to work long hours as instructed or to meet production requirements.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in Lean Manufacturing Methodologies.
- Knowledge of Welding, Team building, Lean strategies, Job costing, and Cost reduction.
We are a growing structural steel fabricator and erector that thrives on technology. We challenge our employees to continually improve by changing the general thought process and encouraging teamwork to promote strong work ethic and results within the company.
Tue, 16 May 2017 16:05:55 PDT