Assistant Executive Director, Compliance and Governance
Requisition # 2017-7527
Department Council of Ivy Grp Presidents
Date Posted 5/16/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Ivy League, a Division I athletics conference office founded in 1954 and located in Princeton, N.J., seeks applications for the position of Assistant Executive Director Compliance and Governance. The Ivy League utilizes Princeton University's Human Resources.
The position reports directly to the Associate Executive Director for Compliance and Governance
Compliance and Governance:
- Respond to complex NCAA and Ivy League rules interpretation questions from institutional compliance personnel, researching precedents and submitting inquiries to NCAA as needed.
- Prepare educational materials for institutional compliance staffs, coaches, student-athletes and other constituents.
- Assist with processing Ivy League and NCAA violations
- Assist with Compliance Reviews at Ivy League institutions
- Update and maintain back end of compliance web site, and compliance databases
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist Associate Executive Director in managing the Ivy legislative process, including producing reports, updating and researching in the database and drafting legislation
- Coordinate the updating process of the Ivy League Manual annually
- Assist Associate Executive Director in coordinating League participation in NCAA governance, including committee nominations, educating committee representatives, and proposing NCAA legislation
- Staff coach group meetings, including presenting information related to legislation and governance to coaches groups as needed.
- Serve as liaison to coaches groups to facilitate annual meeting and operations.
- Assist with the compilation and presentation of coach group recommendations and items to League committees;
- Staff championship events as needed
Admissions and Student-Services:
- Work with the Deputy Executive Director to manage Ivy League admissions and financial aid regulations, including collecting data, preparing summaries, and writing reports.
- Coordinate ongoing communications regarding Ivy League policies on recruiting, admissions, and financial aid.
- Assist with preparing meeting and conference call materials for Ivy League Deans of Admission and their staffs. Monitor the national landscape and development of rules, formats and procedures in supervised sports;
- Assist Associate Executive Director in the management and execution of annual Student-Athlete Advisory Committee meetings and call.
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must be proficient with technology, creative in providing solutions to complex and sensitive issues and be able to work independently and in a team setting to efficiently meet established goals and deadlines. Candidates must also have strong written and verbal communications skills.
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of two to five years working with NCAA rules; experience as a primary supervisor and/or administrator of sports and events preferred. Familiarity with Conference office operations will be highly valued.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.