$22-$26 per hour based on skills and experience plus completed project incentives.
Hourly comp paid in two-week cycles, Completed project incentives paid monthly.
Transitions Remodeling is hiring full-time, reliable, motivated, and highly skilled carpenters for the construction of residential remodeling projects in Southeast Michigan. We are an award-winning home remodeling company based in Farmington Hills, and we are changing the game in the residential remodeling industry. We are obsessed with "wowing" our customers!
We have experienced rapid growth and are seeking a game changing Lead Carpenter to join our team. The person we are seeking is passionate about transforming a customer's house into the home of their dreams. They truly believe that the remodeling industry can be better than it is now. We're looking for someone who gets it. Someone who understands that it's much more than providing just a remodeling project - it's really about delivering a totally different experience. One that builds customers for life.
Qualifications for this key position include:
- A demonstrated passion for remodeling design projects
- A track record of high performance and achievement
- A minimum of 5 years of carpentry experience. Proficiency in one or more trades such as electrical, plumbing, tile, drywall, paint and/or trim is preferred
- Understands the importance of being on time.
- Management of the safety and cleanliness of the job site
- Ability to interrelate with clientele and project managers on schedules throughout the project and communication is a key factor
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, creative, confident, and is motivated by the opportunity to excel
- Coach and develop others that work with you
- Strong detail orientation, problem solving and job coordination skills
Candidates require 5-years of residential construction experience and carpentry skills. Strong project management and subcontractor scheduling experience with plumbing, electrical, and mechanical knowledge are preferred. Excellent people and communication skills are essential for success.
Must own all necessary carpentry tools and a late model truck or van capable of hauling a full sheet of plywood.
- High school or equivalent
- Construction: 5 years
- Carpentry: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
If you looking for an opportunity to work for a growing company with good people you can trust and are ready for more responsibility and to work for people who will respect your skills and hard work, then we are looking for you. Our clients tell us that our people are the best and we agree. We would like to hear from you if you take pride in your work and are looking for a place where you can grow. We offer one weeks paid vacation. Compensation for the position will be determined by your skill level and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret paperwork, including all plans and specifications. purchase orders, subcontractor work orders, change orders. Bring questions, discrepancies, and unusual conditions to the attention of the Production Manager in charge.
- Understand the scope of the work and discuss all requests for additional work with the Production Manager in charge. Must understand change order procedure and ensure that all change orders are written up and signed prior to implementation.
- Participate in a pre-construction conference, jobsite inspections with the Production Manager, local building department inspections, and final (end of job) inspections with the Production Manager and the Client.
- Maintain an organized field file that will include a complete set of plans, specifications, cost codes used on the job, construction documents, engineer's reports (if any), and job communications (memos, etc.). A job folder will be provided for this purpose.
- Responsible for performing and supervising all job-related carpentry, requesting help as required and anticipating the need for additional carpenters so that they can be scheduled in a timely manner. You are responsible for reporting late subs, scheduling problems, and for keeping the sales person and Production Manager informed of job status.
- Responsible for purchasing and ordering materials except as specified by the Production Manager in charge. You must plan ahead for timely delivery and use the vendor's delivery services whenever possible.
- Responsible for time management to ensure that there is sufficient time each evening for end-of-day procedures, such as clean-up and security. You also must notify Clients in advance of utility service interruption.
- Responsible for scheduling subcontractors.
- Responsible for jobsite safety for both the Clients and the workers. Inspect all equipment on site for proper safety features and correct any unsafe conditions. Responsible for locking the Client's house before leaving.
- Responsible for maintaining correct dress and behavior standards on the job according to the Jobsite Rules.
- Responsible to check in daily with the Client and Production Manager to maintain contact and to answer questions that may arise.
Transitions Remodeling is a full service Design/Build remodeling company originally founded to help people who want to remain in their homes as they age. We have a team in place that makes us uniquely qualified to help people modify or improve their home through all life's transitions.
Our team includes 3 designers and our own installation crews who are trained in our quality methods and use quality materials. We take pride that our projects are installed correctly and meet our clients needs. Every project is managed by a lead carpenter who is a skilled craftsman responsible for client satisfaction. We are so confident in our people and installation methods that we offer a 5 year workmanship warranty on our remodeling and renovation work.
Farmington Hills, MI
Tue, 16 May 2017 14:55:19 PDT