Payment Analyst I
Payment Analyst I
Payment Analyst I
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm; some overtime as needed
UNT System Accounts Payable serves all campuses within the UNT System and is responsible for the processing of all Accounts Payable in a timely manner while ensuring compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as UNT System policies.
Accounts Payable is part of the System Controller organization. The System Controller provides all accounting, reporting, and service focused operations for all University of North Texas System component institutions. The areas of responsibility include Campus Accounting & Reporting, Student Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, centralized external and internal financial reporting, and external compliance related reporting.
The University of North Texas System is comprised of three component institutions with four major locations: University of North Texas located in Denton, TX, University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, TX, University of North Texas at Dallas located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, TX, and University of North Texas System located in Downtown Dallas, TX.
This position is located at the UNT System's Business Service Center in Denton.
The Controller Operations Department with the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Payment Analyst I to join our team. The Payment Analyst I performs entry-level purchasing and procurement work. Work involves purchasing and procuring commodities, equipment, and services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Enter/Audit payment PO/Non PO/Travel vouchers to verify that rules, policies and regulations have been followed as dictated by State law, (Comptroller and Texas Building and Procurement Commission), University policy and federal regulation.
* Audits the invoices/receipts submitted to insure they are in compliance with state and local travel fund regulations.
* Prepares electronic payment submission by entering reimbursement/payment data in EIS AP program, utilizing state or local funds as required.
* Communicates with vendor and/or departmental representatives to resolve discrepancies discovered in the audit/review process.
* Conducts research as needed and promptly responds to inquiries from departments and vendors.
* Enters the payment information in the EIS AP voucher program to begin payment process and ensures that the accounting expenditure coding and vendor information is correct.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Associate's degree and one year of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping
* Knowledge of cost and audit accounting
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* State of Texas experience
* Higher Education experience
* PeopleSoft experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting