JOB NO.: 90657-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Communications, Editing, Development, Alumni Affairs, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90657-AS
Working Title: Membership Manager
Official Title: DEVELOP SPECIALIST(R84DN) or ASSOC DEVELOP SPEC(R84FN)
Hiring Department: A966050-WISCONSIN UNION/A&M/DEVELOPMNT
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 10, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $43,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required; major emphasis in nonprofit membership, development, marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 2-5 years professional work experience in annual giving fundraising, member/donor communications and relationship development, and event planning required.
* Experience with direct mail, email and social media required.
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
* Experience in persuasive, creative writing.
* Experience with complex membership database and related programs (e.g. ABE, Blackbaud, Allegiance, Team Approach, and Raiser's Edge) required.
* Demonstrated skills in organizational and task management skills required along with a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team and independently required.
* Experience working with college students and/or volunteer staff required.
* An understanding of the Union as a unique setting for social education including knowledge of and sensitivity to current student concerns and interests, sensitivity to multiculturalism and diversity issues, ability and desire to work with a wide variety of people, including students, employees, volunteers, professional staff, faculty, members, alumni and donors.
This position is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and existing members and donors to support growth in line with the WI Union's vision and values. This includes developing and executing strategies to build membership revenue and growth.
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant work experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 16 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 31 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time