Administrative Assistant III
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Bioengineering / Assistive Technology Partners
Administrative Assistant III
PN#733310, RN 09502
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Department of Bioengineering has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant III position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus seeks an full time Administrative Assistant III to work in the SWAAAC Program at Assistive Technology Partners clinic located on the Denver Campus in Denver. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Assistive Technology Partners is a program within the Department of Bioengineering, College of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Colorado. Our mission is to empower individuals with disabilities to achieve their highest potential through the use of assistive technology, by providing exemplary clinical services, consultation, education, research and innovative technology development. This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position will work in the Assistive Technology Partners SWAAAC office located at the UC Denver Auraria Campus, 1201 5th Street, Denver, CO 80204. The Administrative Assistant III will be responsible for organizational, programmatic, and administrative support to the faculty, staff and project leaders of the SWAAAC program at Assistive Technology Partners.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Manage all aspects of the SWAAAC assistive technology (AT) loan library including circulation, inventory, and repair
- Conduct needs assessment to determine current and future AT needs and assist with budgeting and allocation
- Assist with purchase of new AT equipment, and enter items into inventory
- Communicate directly with library technical support to maintain, update and improve upon library functions
- Create, distribute and analyze surveys for a variety of program purposes
- Maintain library database and survey spreadsheets
- Track and maintain library patron membership
- Compile and analyze data in order to generate bi-annual reports, or as needed
- Collect ongoing statistics on statewide assistive technology loan library
- Develop and manage event registrations, including invoicing, providing receipts, and online payment transactions
- Assist with the development and distribution of program marketing materials
- Assist with the coordination of statewide team leader and advisory meetings, distance learning training events, monthly web conferences, and annual conference event
- Utilize online university systems to reserve space/rooms and services for meetings and events
- Prepare monthly program expense reports
- Update and maintain SWAAAC team membership and member directory
- Update SWAAAC website as needed
- Perform software updates on office and library equipment including PC, Android and iOS platforms
This position will work Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Professionalism in dress and behavior is essential.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $ 40,608 to $ 57,744 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Three years of general clerical experience
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office to develop, edit and update fliers, spreadsheets, reports, letters and correspondence.
- Experience utilizing MS Outlook; experience will include utilizing electronic mail and calendars and electronically scheduling meetings, appointments, and conferences.
- Experience processing deposits of checks and credit cards and tracking financial data
- Experience creating and maintaining both electronic and manual filing systems.
- Experience providing administrative assistance to faculty, staff and students within a higher education environment.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds which also includes experience working with students, staff, faculty, and persons with disabilities within a higher education and/or academic environment.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Judith Delatorre at Judith.Delatorre@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin 5/8/2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30214 - ENGR-Bioengineering
Posting Date: May 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Judith Delatorre
Posting Contact Email: Judith.Delatorre@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00733310