Payment Analyst II
Payment Analyst II
Payment Analyst II
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Fri, 8AM-5PM w/ some flex and overtime as needed
UNT System Accounts Payable serves all campuses within the UNT System and is responsible for the processing of all Accounts Payable in a timely manner while ensuring compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as UNT System policies.
Accounts Payable is part of the System Controller organization. The System Controller provides all accounting, reporting, and service focused operations for all University of North Texas System component institutions. The areas of responsibility include Campus Accounting & Reporting, Student Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, centralized external and internal financial reporting, and external compliance related reporting.
The University of North Texas System is comprised of three component institutions with four major locations: University of North Texas located in Denton, TX, University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, TX, University of North Texas at Dallas located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, TX, and University of North Texas System located in Downtown Dallas, TX.
This position is located at the UNT System's Business Service Center in Denton.
The Controller Operations Department with the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Payment Analyst II to join our team. The Payment Analyst performs routine (journey-level) accounts payable work. Work involves paying for purchased commodities, equipment, and services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Reviews invoices and related documents and resolves differences with purchase orders.
* Collaborates with departments, vendors, and purchasing to resolve payment issues.
* Compares receiving documents, invoice information, and purchase order data in EIS to ensure compliance and accuracy of delivery and billing; after audit is completed successfully, the voucher is submitted for approval.
* Works with departments to resolve differences related to the payment document, or to obtain additional documentation to support the transactions.
* Works with Central Receiving at campuses in obtaining receiving information and may contact campus departments directly for confirmation that goods and/or services have been received.
* Notifies vendors of discrepancies in invoices as related to receiving documents and the purchase order.
* Processes transactions through USAS
* Approves vouchers in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and procedure.
* Assists with correcting vouchers in document tolerance status.
* Assists with resolving voucher matching issues.
* Corresponds with vendors regarding invoice and payment issues.
* Assists with processing travel, as needed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Associate's degree and two years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting
* Financial record keeping
* Working knowledge of cost and audit accounting
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others
* Valid Texas Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Higher education experience
* State of Texas experience
* PeopleSoft experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting