ADMINISTRATOR - WISCONSIN INSTITUTE FOR HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
JOB NO.: 90713-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: ENGR/INDUSTRIAL & SYSTEMS ENGR
Categories: Event Planning, Program Coordination, Information Systems/Technology, Office & Administrative Support, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90713-AS
Working Title: Administrator - Wisconsin Institute for Healthcare Systems Engineering (WIHSE)
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A195000-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/INDUSTRIAL & SYSTEMS ENGR
FTE: 75% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 18, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Masters preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* 1-2 years relevant work experience. 7 years relevant work experience required for appointment at Senior level.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Office 365, and social media.
* Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
* Excellent organizational skills; an organized and systematic approach to work.
* Ability and drive to work as a team member.
* Initiative and creativity on the job and the ability to creatively problem solve.
* Previous experience in research project management, coordination of research initiatives and research outreach.
* A history of effectively developing outreach/communication materials, using a variety of conventional and electronic (i.e., social media) formats.
* Experience conducting and summarizing reviews of the literature.
* Experience working with diverse audiences.
WIHSE, a new institute in the College of Engineering, will be the hub for research innovations in Healthcare Systems Engineering (HSE). This research will serve as a catalyst to transform health care into an engineered system that provides patient-centered, effective, efficient and safe care. WIHSE will provide a forum for interdisciplinary research collaboration, for leading large center grants (e.g., NSF, AHRQ), for defining the HSE research of the future, for disseminating and translating HSE research, and for training the next generation of HSE leaders.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants will need to upload a cover letter and resume by the assured consideration date.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 16 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 13 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time