Adjunct Assistant Professor, Microbiology
Instruct students in Microbiology lecture and/or labs.
- Master's degree with 18 graduate credit hours in Biology.
- Successfully completed undergraduate or graduate level coursework in cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, chemistry and microbiology.
- Demonstrate familiarity with appropriate lab equipment.
- Computer literacy including ability to communicate and develop teaching materials and enter grades electronically.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the use of appropriate computer software.
- Demonstrate fluency in written and oral communication skills.
- One year of teaching biology college-level credit courses is required.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Doctorate or Master's in Microbiology or closely related field.
- Community college teaching experience is preferred.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay.
For full consideration apply before
May 24. 2017
Hours per Week
This position is for teaching a Microbiology section (lecture and lab) during the summer or fall session.
REQUIRED: Please upload a resume and unofficial transcript(s) showing required coursework. If employed, a certified transcript for All degrees will be required. A resume and unofficial transcript must be uploaded to be considered. Each applicant interviewed will be required to give a 15 minute mini-lecture on a topic to be determined. Optional documents such as a teaching philosophy, curriculum vita and reference letters may be uploaded.