Director of Regional Development, Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
Salary: $84,500 - $125,500
Title: Director of Regional Development, Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 05/16/2017
Position Information: Under general direction of the Senior Director of Regional Development, the Director of Regional Development will play an important role in growing the overall donor base and building long-term strategic and resource capacity for the University's fundraising efforts. The incumbent is responsible for building a pipeline of major gift activity in his/her specific region, connecting alumni, donors, friends, volunteers and other constituents to the campus, and to ultimately increase individual gifts to campus-wide schools, departments, and programs. The Regional Director is responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift donors and prospects. This position will focus primarily on Los Angeles and Ventura counties and may come to include other geographic regions determined by the concentration of UCR's alumni, parents and friends. Position may be based in a home office in Los Angeles County. This is a two year, renewable contract position which includes the same employee benefits afforded career employees. Cover Letter is required.
Minimum Requirements: Good organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Working knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Skill to maintain confidentiality.
Proven experience in the full spectrum of development including cultivation, stewardship and donor recognition.
Ability to work effectively with deans and directors, academic and University leaders and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of major gift fundraising, preferably within a major research university environment.
Good written and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the campus and/or medical center and with external constituencies.
Ability to direct the design of strategies for cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
Understanding of standard office productivity software including Microsoft suite of programs.
Ability to work effectively with advancement staff in devising, analyzing, modifying, implementing, and evaluating development programs.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of a broad range of academic and institutional issues related to a major research university environment.
Ability to use a dedicated relational donor database system.
Ability to conceptualize, design and implement a development program.
Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, et cetera.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview