Senior Planner for Auxiliaries (Contract position)
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
UCR is looking for a Senior Planner to join a team of highly energetic planning professionals who work in an integrated and collaborative way to advance campus priorities and projects. The Senior Planner for Auxiliaries (Planning Specialist 3) will serve as a senior planner for integrated capital and physical planning, including capital project development, master and district planning, specialized planning, P3 projects, and smaller projects that require capital planning that directly support UC Riverside Auxiliary Services'. Auxiliary Services includes Housing Services, Dining Services Transportation Services (parking, roads), Early Childhood Services and Campus Business Support Services. Project and activity priorities will be determined by Auxiliary Services. The position reports to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Capital Planning in Capital Assets Strategies, which is part of the Division of Planning and Budget at UC Riverside. Demonstrated higher education experience in planning and knowledge of auxiliaries are highly preferred and the individual in this position must be able to work collaboratively with attention to transparency, accountability, strategic use of resources, process improvements, sustainability and advancing campus strategic objectives. This position will remain open until filled. Please note: This position is a contract position, with funding for two years.
Thorough working knowledge/skill in city planning, architecture, or other planning-related fields.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong analytical skills.
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen.
Commitment to principles of inclusion and civility in the work place.
Thorough knowledge of the organization, including its architectural history, short and long range development plans, infrastructure and current, on-going and proposed design and construction plans.
Knowledge of University of California capital projects, physical planning approaches and real estate initiatives.
Knowledge of higher education auxiliaries and enterprises.
Knowledge of integrated planning, process improvements, and strategic use of resources in a public sector or educational environment.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview