Warehouse Worker/Driver I, CF3N30072BUSAF
Under direct supervision from the Warehouse Supervisor, operate autos, trucks and perform routine Warehouse duties, include match packing slips to purchase orders.
Position Title: Warehouse Worker/Driver I, CF3N30072BUSAF
Duties of Position:
- Operate Warehouse vehicles and equipment to perform routine Warehouse duties including: load and unload, haul and deliver supplies, equipment and mail on and off campus; move stock with pallet jacks, handcarts and flat carts for delivery or storage in designated area; manually lift materials and unload trucks; and perform pick-up and delivery in the city and suburban area.
- Operate computerized receiving and delivery system, handheld scanners and electronic signature pads.
- Deliver bulk mailings to the Glen Ellyn Post Office as needed.
- Complete and stamp necessary paperwork to ensure accurate receiving and delivery is achieved. Duties include: verify receipt of goods, correlate shipments with College purchase orders, freight bills, etc.; tag capital equipment items and fill-in fixed asset numbers on capital equipment cards; unpack, count, tag, identify and verify material on incoming shipments for conformity with requisitions, packing list and freight bills; match packing lists to purchase orders and verify counts by item; enter purchase orders and partial deliveries when complete in the College financial system; and inspect packages for damage and mark freight bills accordingly.
- Process UPS parcels and overnight services utilizing warehouse packaging systems. Process overnight transmittals to UPS for future record keeping, tracking, etc. This includes a database for vendor addresses and archiving files for back tracking.
- Pick-up shredding of confidential materials.
- Handle money and cash register for personal UPS packages.
- Clean Warehouse for the purpose of a safe and sanitary work area.
- Receive and deliver hazardous materials according to College and department safety policies and procedures.
- Pick-up and deliver donations to the College.
- Maintain dock security and ensure only authorized employees are allowed on the dock premises at all times. Monitor activity of contractors, delivery employees, etc. who require access to Warehouse dock area and ensure security measures are followed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
One (1) year in related work and six (6) months to one (1) year computer experience, dealing with people, answering telephones. Good customer service skills. Ability to accurately read, record and check numerical data. Must be able to adapt to performing a variety of activities, with multiple demands on time. Proficiency in spoken English. Valid Illinois Drivers License required.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Same as above with shipping and receiving experience including experience with computerized shipping and warehouse inventory systems or experience within a large corporate mailroom/warehouse set-up.
High School graduate with Forklift Operator Certification and Hazmat Training.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Autos, trucks, vans, industrial paper shredder, computers, calculators, copiers, FAX, computerized receiving system, hand held scanners, electronic signature pads, forklifts, pallet jacks, large delivery truck, pick-ups truck, hand trucks, printers and various small tools as required. Cash register and two-way radios.
This position will require standing, bending, walking, and physical strain in loading and unloading trucks. Must be able to lift 50 lbs easily. Regular moving and lifting of parcels, mail sacks, trays, buckets and boxes up to 100 lbs.; regular exposure to outside elements, working outdoors in all weather conditions. Extensive walking, standing, bending, reaching and stooping required. Good balance and coordination required operating various equipment. Forty hours with additional time during peak periods, according to need.
This position requires a physical exam, background check and drug screen.
Department: Business Affairs - BUSAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt