Office Manager, President's Office
This entry-level position reports to the President’s Executive Assistant to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the President’s office by being responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures and providing excellent service to all visitors.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Office Manager, President's Office
Salary for Announcement
The hiring salary range begins at $35, 094. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Full Time Administrators
30% Manages the Front Desk of the President’s Suite:
Receptionist duties include; correspondence and guest appointments, ensuring front desk is manned at all times and coordinates proper coverage, answering main line and key staff lines for incoming calls and directs callers appropriately, greeting and screening visitors to the department using office protocol, contacting relevant staff member for that visitor and ensuring they are directed appropriately, responding to customer inquiries and complaints and routing them to appropriate University staff. Maintaining the condition of the office to provide a professional, clean and inviting reception area. Maintaining document tracking for all items that arrive for signatures from the President or other executives in the President’s Office.
50% General Office Management:
Provides support for President’s Office events including, but not limited to, Board of Trustees meetings, Cabinet meetings and Commencement. Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; expedites correspondence; designs filing systems, orders and approves supply requisitions. Updates policy and procedures and departmental org chart and contact lists. Coordinates necessary repairs. Ensures the smooth flow of clerical work within the President’s Office by anticipating that projects meet deadlines. Maintains confidentiality of personal information. Manages conference rooms in the President’s Suite by taking room reservations, sending guidelines to individuals who reserve the room, assisting with technology for meetings as needed. Maintains cleanliness and room setup. Manages President’s Suite work room. Assures copiers and other machines are in good working order and appropriately
5% Budget Management/Purchasing:
Purchases office supplies for the work room, and for staff members. Tracks office supplies and maintains budget ledger/record keeping of funds used for the President’s Office supplies. Responsible for purchasing in compliance with institution, state and federal fiscal rules. Identify and work with vendors appropriate for purchasing needs.
15% Supervision of Student Staff:
This position will work in collaboration with the President’s Executive Assistant as supervisor and contact for work-study staff and will complete tasks delegated in this capacity as assigned. This position ensures responsibility for, but not limited to, updating student job descriptions, recruiting, and hiring, general supervision and time card authorization. This includes coordinating with Human Resources and filling out the appropriate paperwork related to student employment, advertising open student employment positions and meeting assigned deadlines. This position coordinates with other professional staff members in the office on projects they would like assistance from the student employees to complete.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience providing administrative support is required (one year of education is equivalent to two years of experience)
• Two or more years of experience providing administrative support
• Experience supervising staff and assigning daily tasks
• At least two years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite that includes Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
• Experience providing customer service
• Experience managing a budget and conducting record keeping
• Error free written communication skills
• Experience using office equipment, that includes: computer, voice messaging systems, Fax and photo copier
• Strong oral communication skills
•Experience purchasing in compliance with State of Colorado Procurement rules and procedures
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information, tactfully
• Resourcefulness and adaptability
• Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
• Strong collaboration, negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
• Poise and focus under pressure
• Ability to inspire confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
References refers to a list of names and contact information for three professional references.