This position is responsible for reconciling, auditing and paying claims, and providing timely and accurate reports of financial and statistical data for the self funded student health insurance program.
This will include maintaining current enrollment eligibility listings and correspondence with University departments and third party administrators regarding enrollment eligibility; monitoring account activity and analyze account data for changes and anomalies in the data and correcting any errors; producing the monthly accrual SHP financial report to project costs for the remaining plan year.
3A990:Benefits Financial Accounting
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods of time; lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 25 lbs and repetitive motion tasks.
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm (40 hours/week.)
Word, Excel, software reporting tools, KRONOS, Direct Bill, SAP/HR, SAP/FI, databases
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience using SAP. Include the modules (i.e. FI, BW, HR, etc.) you have utilized.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe how your skills and experience make you a good fit for this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in Excel using the following functions: data sorting, pivot tables, filtering, advanced formula development including logical formulas (i.e. IF statements) and general knowledge of macros.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have a bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter