Laboratory Technician Senior
The department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology seeks a Laboratory Technician Senior to follow the PI's outline and perform experiments, tests, and analyses.
Will prepare test specimens according to the stated procedures. Operate and maintain laboratory equipment necessary for conducting experiments. Accurately records test data.
Ideal employee will be responsible for: i) maintaining the animal colony in the PI's lab (regular monitoring of the experimental animals, breeding, genotyping, updating of the colony information, etc.), ii) performing routine procedures in experimental animals (blood draws, IP and IV injections, measurement of blood glucose, glucose and insulin tolerance tests, euthanasia, organ collection and storing), and iii) isolation of cardiac myocytes from animal hearts.
In addition, the employee will assist other lab personnel in performing more advanced procedures in live animals (echocardiography and ECG), dissection of coronary and cortical arteries, isolation of smooth muscle cells and biochemistry experiments.
Laboratory Technician Senior
7H700:Molecular & Biomedical Pharmacology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting objects up to 25lbs
Windows, Excel, laboratory skills
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer a Bachelor's degree plus two or more years related experience in a research lab working with small laboratory animals.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience with small laboratory animals.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter