ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING - ADJUNCT / PART TIME INSTRUCTOR
Adjunct Faculty/Part-time Faculty
ACC faculty enjoy an atmosphere of collegiality and mutual respect that promotes outstanding teaching and fosters active intellectual and creative engagement. Currently seeking qualified instructors for the following areas:
Medical / Surgical, maternity, mental health, and simulation
Teach in the clinical and/or on-campus laboratory setting as assigned by the program Director
Counsel and evaluate students in the clinical and/or on-campus laboratory setting
Select and assign learning activities for students in the clinical agencies
Coordinate clinical experiences in assigned clinical agency and maintain good relationships with the agency
Maintain current knowledge and expertise in areas of teaching assignments
Support the process of evaluation of faculty by students
Meet periodically with the Director, Course Coordinator, and clinical staff concerning clinical maters and related activities
Communicate with the Course Coordinator on a weekly basis regarding clinical matters and student performance
Provide an evaluation of the assigned clinical agency at the completion of the semester
All Adjunct Faculty are expected to …
Instruct and supervise a diverse population of students in the classroom at various times and locations.
Possess a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and oral.
Prepare and utilize a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
Maintain current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
Assist in the recruitment and retention of students.
Advise students in academic matters or refers students to appropriate resources.
Assess students' performance through a range of measurement activities and keeps them informed of their progress in a timely manner.
Engage students face-to-face and through electronic communications.
Utilize technology to facilitate learning and to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
Assist in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
Build positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
Submit timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions and departments.
Provide recommendations to the Instructional Dean, Department Chair, and appropriate college committees regarding curriculum, instruction and division operations.
Exhibit a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
Adhere to Alvin Community College's policies and procedures.
Attend institutional meetings as required.
Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing with at least six (6) semester hours of graduate level content in nursing appropriate to specific teaching responsibility
• Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Texas
• Minimum of two (2) years on non-teaching related work experience
• Up-to-date immunizations and annual TB screening
• Must pass a random drug screen and criminal background check
• Current American Heart Association CPR Health Care Provider certification
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, as well as intermediate computer skills Must be familiar with interactive teaching methods and instruction via the Internet
• Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) from a regionally accredited college / university
• At least one (1) year college level teaching experience
• Working knowledge of Blackboard course management system
Closing Date: 12/31/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered from a pool of qualified candidates for the stated instructional discipline.
Applications will be reviewed as vacancies become available.
At the end of the posting period, the posting will be closed. A new posting will be created and all applicants who wish to continue to be considered must reapply under the new job posting.
Official college transcripts must be provided within thirty (30) days of an employment offer.
For department specifics, email the Director of Nursing Programs, Dr. Debra Fontenot, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit https://jobs.alvincollege.edu/.