OPS Full-Time Early Childhood Educator
OPS Hourly Non-Secretary/ClerkJob Description:
The Early Childhood Educator will accommodate visitors to the Florida Museum’s new Discovery Zone exhibit that was created for children ages 0-8 years and their caregivers. He/She will develop, implement, and evaluate early childhood education programs, including programs for parents and other caregivers, offered in conjunction with the exhibit. This will ensure programs are developmentally appropriate, linked to early learning standards, evidence based, and support the Museum’s mission. He/She will track and maintain exhibit inventory including books and other educational resources. Also perform daily upkeep and cleaning of exhibit components and resources.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the School Programs Coordinator with the training and supervision of staff, interns, and volunteers
- Assisting School Programs and Visitor Services Coordinators in maintaining a tracking system for Discovery Zone program types and attendance including participant demographic information
- Responding to informational requests through e-mail and telephone
- Coordinating Discovery Zone activities with other Museum areas including PR/Marketing, Graphics, Visitor Services and Security
Normal work schedule is within 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Flexible schedule necessary to accommodate required weekend Discovery Zone hours and weekend and evening programming hours. Schedule varies with program needs and includes hours during times when the University is closed. The Discovery Zone is only closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas when the Museum is closed.Advertised Salary:
$14 hourly, commensurate with experience.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and two years of relevant experience in early childhood education
- Teaching experience with children 0-8 years old
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, move quickly, bend over to pick things up from the floor, and safely lift up to 25 lbs.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related discipline, and four years of experience working with young children. Broad knowledge of natural history topics and experience developing and implementing education programs for ages 0-8 years old that are developmentally appropriate, linked to early learning standards, and are evidence basedSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references with your application.
This is a full-time temporary position.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 pm (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No