The Communications Coordinator is responsible for planning and producing development-related strategic communications on behalf of UF Advancement and in support of its individual departments. Serving primarily as a content producer, the Communications Coordinator will play a lead role in writing feature stories for specific initiatives, and will further serve as a project manager for internal service partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Strategic Communications & Marketing leadership and team to drive the development and strategic positioning of UF Advancement brand across all university development and alumni relations efforts.
- In consultation with the Executive Director for Strategic Communications, produce development-related content in conjunction to advance individual department and broad Advancement development goals.
- Serving primarily as a writer and editor, create inspiring messaging and stories for development-related print and digital communications and marketing, including feature stories, concept papers, proposals, news releases, brochures, booklets, magazine copy, web copy, social media, multimedia, video and other materials.
- Develop strategic communications and marketing plans and serve as a project manager for internal service partners in alignment with the communications beat system.
- Ensure that tasks and projects are completed at the highest quality and that deadlines and processes are met.
- Identify process obstacles, devise process solutions and maintain management system to maximize efficiency.
- Participate in regular status meetings to inform team and stakeholders of project deliverables updates, and impending deadlines and milestones.
- Monitor and coordinate project planning. Develop and conceptualize short-term and long-term goals of each project using established attributes to achieve the vision “TB2” and effectively communicate project expectations.
- Prioritizes multiple assignments and plans and executes strategies to work independently and under limited timeframes to meet deadlines. Ensures project deliverables are met.
- Consult with administrators, development officers and communicators, as well as the Advancement Communications leadership team, to ensure strong development communications strategies and materials.
- Serve as a strategic communications liaison between Advancement departments and various colleges and units, as assigned, and the Communications team.
- Complete special projects, as assigned, including assisting with the development of communications in support of development offices.
- As a member of the Communications team, assist in creating the department’s goals, processes, systems and performance measurements to ensure that the department is an effective partner in UF’s development efforts.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area; or an associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization such as journalism, public relations or communications
- Writing experience, preferably as a reporter or editor at a newspaper, magazine or broadcast media outlet
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated writing abilities for multiple styles and platforms.
- Must possess a proficiency in communicating effectively with diverse audiences in conversations and through writing. Knowledge of advancement philosophy and practices; higher education experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve, using research and analytical skills to develop and implement creative solutions.
- Skill requiring judgment to take initiative, accurately establish priorities, complete complex assignments in a timely manner, and adapt quickly to changing needs and in dealing with conflicting challenges.
- Working knowledge of office computing as well as internet browsers and various Internet tools. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- Experience working in a team atmosphere and ability to understand and translate institutional policies/objectives into persuasive communications preferred with the ability to work with other communication professionals across campus.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, adapting quickly to changing priorities, while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to excellence and customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover letter, resume, and list of three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No