Assistant Director for Career Counseling & Student Outreach
To learn more about the Hameetman Career Center, please click on the following link or copy and paste the link in a web browser http://www.oxy.edu/hameetman-career-center/hcc-video-overview
The position reports to the Senior Associate Director for Career Education and Campus Partnerships.
- Provide high-quality career advising to all undergraduate students. Support students in career decision-making and the graduate school application process.
- Help students develop strong industry-specific job search knowledge in preparation for internship and jobs.
- Manage the resume approval process in Handshake; review and approve resumes and providing substantive feedback to ensure students are competent in resume writing.
- Design and conduct presentations and workshops to enhance job search and career readiness.
- Administer and interpret career development assessments such as StrengthsQuest, MBTI, and Strong Interest.
- Identify new and innovative ways of delivering career services through social media, workshops, and counseling.
- Stay abreast of current industry-related hiring trends and employer feedback to better prepare students for today’s global professional workforce.
- Cultivate relationships with student organizations to strengthen career services across campus.
- Facilitate outreach programs for current and prospective students to increase awareness of career services.
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator to develop marketing collateral and social media to increase student engagement.
- Create and manage a student ambassador and a peer advisor program to increase engagement with students.
- Create successful student-to-student networking and career focused events and programs.
- Create outreach mechanisms to encourage students to attend career related events and programs.
- Collaborate with the Employer & Alumni Engagement team to drive synergies and maximize career services resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 5-7 years of experience. Strong preference for candidates with college or university career services experience working with undergraduate liberal arts populations or industry experience.
- Knowledge of Symplicity or Handshake Career Management Systems, a strong plus.
- Strong competency in all aspects of the career development process and knowledgeable of industry hiring practices.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and organizational skills required. Dynamic and engaging presentation skills.
- Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative, high performance team environment.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance