Athletics Compliance Graduate Assistant - Athletics
Lynn University's graduate assistant program is designed to offer students financial support and professional experience while pursuing a graduate degree. GAs work under the supervision of a university staff or faculty member. Duties performed in this role must relate to the student's program of study.
Graduate assistants are paid at a rate of $8.10 per hour, and are also be eligible to receive a scholarship equal to or greater than 70 percent of the cost of graduate tuition. Exact scholarship amount varies based on degree program and is determined by Student Financial Services.
The athletics compliance graduate assistant will assist the Director of Athletic Compliance in implementing and monitoring a comprehensive athletic compliance program with respect to NCAA Division II, Conference and University policies and procedures and the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring recruiting activity and coach certification.
- Assisting with financial aid agreements.
- Researching interpretations, initial and continuing certification.
- Assisting with investigation and reporting of violations.
- Preparing various NCAA and conference reports.
- Generating and distributing compliance education materials.
- Creating newsletters or handouts.
- Updating and maintaining compliance website or other social media outlets.
- Working on NLI program and assisting in collecting documents from transfer students.
- Acceptance to one of Lynn University's graduate programs as a fully accepted student.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher in undergraduate degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ideal candidate for this position should possess good interpersonal, organizational, analytical, researching, and problem-solving skills.
- This candidate must show a commitment to the University, Conference, and NCAA rules and complying with them as well as demonstrate an ability to keep information confidential.
- The candidate should be able to work independently as well as part of a team as needed.
- The candidate should be able to work with Microsoft office applications.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.