Associate Provost for Academic Policies and Administration - Office of the Provost (A1700294)
Associate Provost for Academic Policies and Administration
Office of the Provost
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Internal to Campus
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Associate Provost for Academic Policies and Administration in the Office of the Provost. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. The Associate Provost for Academic Policies and Administration provides campus-wide leadership in the area of academic policy and serves as a key member of the Provost's leadership team. The Associate Provost for Academic Policies and Administration may also be called upon to provide assistance across the broader portfolio of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and assistance to the Provost and Vice Provost on a range of academic issues and policies, including but not limited to the following: appointments, hiring, specialized faculty, reviews, and governance.
- Develop, interpret, and administer university and campus policies and procedures, including creating and updating Provost's Communications.
- Represent the Provost's Office on various campus and university system committees and working groups.
- Support departments, schools, colleges, and other academic units in handling a broad range of faculty and academic policy matters, including issues related to bylaws, university statutes and procedures, and shared governance.
- Provost's Office liaison on internal/external audits to relevant campus and university offices. Monitor and oversee Provost's management of audit matters.
- Assist the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs with human resources matters related to faculty in consultation with Academic Human Resources.
- Serve as liaison between the Provost's Office and the Division of Public Safety, Public Affairs, and the Office of Diversity, Equity and Access to ensure effective information-sharing and task coordination.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for academic professionals, Provost's Fellow(s), and/or Assistant Provosts.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required education: Terminal degree in field of study.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Current tenure-system appointment at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience at the departmental or college level on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with administrators, academic staff, faculty, and students from various disciplinary areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to assume responsibility for complex projects.
Preferred experience and knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience drafting and administering academic and administrative policies and procedures at the departmental or college level.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by May 29, 2017. Proposed start date for this position is as soon as possible. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after May 29, 2017. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Provost/VCAA Admin
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/15/2017
Close Date: 05/29/2017