Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Alumni Coordinator. The Alumni Coordinator is responsible for engaging and maintaining relationships with alumni through programming and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning - Assist the Director of Alumni Affairs in cultivating and developing strong alumni relationships. Manage and support a plan to actively engage alumni in Lynn University activities and educate them regarding potential alumni roles to support university objectives (such as fundraising, mentoring students and recent grads, classroom presentations, recruiting new students and social media ambassadors, advisory board positions, fundraising, volunteering, etc.). Support affinity/alumni chapters and admissions ambassador program.
- Alumni engagement - Coordinate alumni programs and drive alumni attendance at events including happy hours, alumni weekend and networking events. Engage alumni and faculty to share their talents through events and social media (on topics like career development, financial planning, life skills, arts and culture, etc.)
- Social media and marketing management - In coordination with the Marketing and Communication department, increase alumni engagement through social media channels. Leverage social media to maintain relationships with Lynn grads to promote alumni giving, knowledge sharing, event attendance and participation in university initiatives. Recruit social media ambassadors. Work with the marketing team to develop social media content strategy.
- Alumni data management - Maintain alumni profiles in Raiser's Edge based on new information gathered through social media and networking events.
- Support fundraising - Help implement Day of Giving and other fundraising campaigns by recruiting and managing alumni volunteers.
- Host campus visitors - Receive alumni visiting campus. Along with the entire Development and Alumni Affairs department, work at events, programs and other stewardship activities coordinated by the development team.
- Administrative support - Provide administrative support to the Director of Alumni Affairs including with contact reports, proposals, expense reports, etc.
- Assist the Director of Alumni Affairs and perform other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of experience in alumni relations, public relations or a related field
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent personal presentation and writing skills
- Experience managing organizational social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity working with relational databases
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of fundraising software desirable
- Sensitivity to and ability to maintain confidential information
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.