Adjunct Faculty, Family Nurse Practitioner Program
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Teach assigned courses and/or clinical in FNP program.
- Maintain expertise as an advanced practice nurse
- Work effectively with faculty, students, administrators.
- Keep abreast best practices in advanced practice nursing and APN education.
- Adhere to academic policies, standards, and accreditation requirements.
- Attend departmental meetings as appropriate.
- MSN with Advanced Practice Nursing concentration and certification in specialty area required.
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Advanced practice nursing and teaching in professional nursing program; FNP certification. APRNs with certifications in other specialty areas will be considered as appropriate.
- Teaching experience in graduate advanced practice nursing program preferred.
- APRN licensure & certification in specialty area; 3-5 years of experience practicing as an advanced practice nurse required.
- Active APRN licensure in Massachusetts or eligibility to be licensed as an APRN in Massachusetts required.
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds.
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using these tools.
- Enthusiastic, committed teacher-scholar with demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship.
This is a part-time adjunct, non-benefited position.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.