Senior Graduate Admissions Specialist
Job Title Senior Graduate Admissions Specialist
The Senior Graduate Admissions Specialist plans and delivers a comprehensive graduate admissions process and support to all students, faculty and campus community. Responsible for admissions processing, determining graduate admission requirements, records management, transferring of credits, and residency for students enrolling in graduate programs.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Two years of experience in admissions, enrollment services, or other higher education area.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Master's degree from an accredited institution.
Experience with Banner Student Information Systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
•Knowledge of graduate admissions in a state university system institution.
•Knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
•Knowledge of or ability to learn Banner Student Information System and other systems, databases, and applications.
•Knowledge of or ability to learn International Educational standards and perform international credential evaluations
•Knowledge of Florida admissions rules/regulations, FERPA, and university policy.
•Ability to do presentations and communicate effectively both orally and in writing with excellent editing and grammar skills.
•Excellent knowledge of university programs and prerequisite requirements.
•Ability to review, analyze, formulate, organize, and follow through with tasks.
•Ability to work under pressure/deadlines
•Ability to be focused and student service oriented with attention to detail
Salary Range $20.11 - $21.55 hourly ($42,000 - $45,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Determines admissibility, transferability of credit, and residency for students in graduate programs (degree seeking and post bac non-degree seeking).
•Prepares student file and tracks admission process. Enters student residency classification into database for students and prospect applicants.
•Maintain records and electronic files. Works with other university constituents to advance and follow up on incomplete files.
•Serves as a liaison between prospective students and the academic departments regarding the status of their application, admissions and enrollment.
•Ensures adherence to Board of Governors (BOG) and Board of trustees (BOT) rules regarding University admission.
•Implements university policy regarding the conduct code, transcripts, and required admission documentation.
•Performs credential evaluations for international and domestic prospects
•Enters student data and admission decisions into Banner, BDM, and Recruiter systems. Produce reports as requested.
•Meets with prospective students to explain the graduate program and guide through the admission and enrollment process.
•Oversees resolution of applicant challenges regarding the admissions process.
•Makes recommendations and keeps current the procedures manual for admissions processing area in the Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
•Makes recommendations on procedures implementing BOG rules to the director in the area of applicant processing from admissions through acceptance into the university.
•Responsible for systems testing and databases maintenance of admissions modules.
•Maintains close contact with prospective students via telephone calls, e-mail and other types of correspondence
•Directs walk in traffic to appropriate office or department on campus.
•Represents the office in student events as determined by supervisor
•Performs related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS272P
Open Date 05/15/2017
Close Date 06/18/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution?
- * Do you have two or more years of experience in admissions, enrollment services, or other higher education area?
- * Do you have experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) software?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214