Job Title Registration Assistant
The Registration Assistant performs a variety of student registration, record-keeping and general office tasks involving frequent public contact and frequent computer use.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two (2) years of experience in data entry and records management in an environment such as student, course, patient and/or customer service records.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Experience with Ellucian Banner software.
Work experience in higher education setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications.
Knowledge of, or ability to learn, FERPA and state regulations pertaining to the position.
Knowledge of, or ability to learn, Ellucian Banner software.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Skill in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to learn department and university policies, procedures, and practices and apply them consistently.
Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
Salary Range $12.16 hourly ($25,400 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
• Assists in processing all registration functions such as enrollment certifications, new student and returning student registration, course add/drops, cancellations for non-payment, reinstatements, and withdrawals.
• Greets visitors, students, and employees and responds to requests for information and provides assistance.
• Assists with residency reclassification petitions.
• Assists with online transient student forms.
• Works collaboratively with offices of Admissions, Financial Aid and Bursar to assist students and meet federal and state requirements for enrollment reporting.
• Assists with in-person, telephone, written or electronic student questions and provide referrals to other departments.
• Maintains current knowledge of all state, DOE and FGCU guidelines and regulations regarding residency and registration.
• Assists commencement ceremonies.
• Assists with the end-of-term processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS275P
Open Date 05/15/2017
Close Date 05/29/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have two or more years of experience in data entry and records management in an environment such as student, course, patient, and/or customer service records?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214